Fold your favorite seasonal ingredients into fluffy eggs for a meal in a skillet.
Total Time: 25 minutes
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Active Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 oz. fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat an oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Gently stir in the salmon, cheese and chives.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add red onion; sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low. Pour reserved egg mixture over onions; cook, pulling back edges with a rubber spatula, until they begin to set, about 15 minutes. Bake in oven until set in center, about 20 minutes. Transfer from oven to a board. Let cool 5 minutes; run a spatula around sides and underneath the frittata, and ease out of pan onto the board.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes before serving.