This is a delicious tasting strawberry dessert made with fresh strawberries bursting with flavor by the addition of strawberry ice cream and a touch of fresh lemon juice.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup strawberry ice cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 2 Mint Sprigs for garnish
- In a mini food processor pulse strawberries, strawberry ice cream, 1 tablespoon heavy cream and lemon juice together until smooth; transfer to a container with a pouring spout for ease of filling glasses being careful not to disturb chocolate coated rims (chocolate ganache recipe below).
- Whip remaining 3 tablespoons heavy cream with powdered sugar, add to glasses with mint and serve chilled in a champagne glass. What could be more elegant!.
Chocolate Ganache (for garnishing champagne glasses)
(can be made 2 weeks ahead)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 3 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- In a small saucepan bring heavy cream and corn syrup to a simmer; remove from heat; add finely chopped chocolate whisking until melted and smooth. Pour into a small flat deep dish such as a soup bowl. Dip rims of champagne glasses into chocolate letting syrup run down outside of glasses; tip glasses if necessary to achieve this. (Can be done earlier in the day).